Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Timing is everything...

Today - from Yonge & Eglinton to the intersection of Bayview & Moore (the head of the Bayview hill).

Casual/leisurely pace - 4.32miles/6.95kms in 1hour and 10mins.

I'm disappointed. Although, I was distracted by this new cell phone that I was trying to figure out, and within city limits, this time was tainted by traffic lights and afternoon rush hour traffic.

My bad.

Saturday morning will be the real test.

As of today - date of scheduled departure: September 6th, 2007 - with Cathay Pacific (via Hong Kong) - a VERY LONG plane ride (i think i saw that it would be up to 44hours YUCK) - but in the end, it's cheaper, 'open ended' and it helps me get to Chengdu easier.

Itinerary: New Zealand - Tramping the north island through to december. December travel to the south island. Tramping through south island through to completion. Return to North Island. Fly out to Vanuatu for exploration (maybe 2-3 weeks?). Return to Auckland, fly out to Hong Kong. Connecting flight to Chengdu. Bus to Wolong. Two weeks at Wolong Giant Panda Reserve - volunteer time and adventure hikes. Return to Chengdu - maybe chill here for a night or two. Fly to Hong Kong...possibly travel through the city to all the old spots that i remember and loved. Fly home. Another very long flight back (although this one may be more painful - leaving behind this beautiful majestic world, the adventure of a lifetime - backpacking on my own!!).

Home in the arms of those I love.

The itinerary seems to change quite frequently. There is much of the South Pacific that I would love to see - it all really depends on money and the stability of the countries that I chose to visit (always keeping up to date with the Canadian Consular Affairs website).

Although, Australia has been marked on the map of the world that hangs in my room. So i have a feeling, I might just be back out to that part of the world in the future.


There is much that makes it hard to think about stepping onto that plane. I hope that the experience makes the separation easier.


I look forward to a dance underneath the stars on a deserted beach. Listening to Led Zeppelin.

No comments: