Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The purchasing of our first home.

Sunday, I was giddy.

Almost as giddy as I probably will be the day I go to buy my first puppy. :) Okay, not that giddy (I dont' know if that's possible). But really excited!

I was excited because the Gemini Tents finally made their comeback at MEC. And I was sure that Brent and I would be making a down payment on our first home. Our wonderful tent. A three season - lightweight - woven material mass, that will be put to the test through four seasons of camping (the end/beg of winter will be hit at the beg and end of our trip) - that has by far, the ugliest colour for a fly. Seriously, I remember the first time we saw it months ago, I was so un-enthused about the colour. It's like a Dijon (only I like Dijon on most things) but it's like a muddy-dull Dijon. Not so sexy. But for the size, weight and packability - it was the best tent for our trip.

Also equally exciting was the hand crank powered Freeplay lantern that FINALLY came into MEC. My brother wanted to get this for me for Christmas, but it's never in stock (sold out all the time). So that was exciting to get our hands on this thing. It's amazing, and completely environmentally friendly. :)

Also - two side purchases - which really won't wow anyone - was both a telescoping spatula and a telescoping spoon/measuring cup combo. Two more additions to the cooking supplies.

But then again, next to the ten and the lantern, these two things will seem forgettable for most people. None the less, still very important to facilitate tummy satisfaction time.

Brent is starting to name things we are taking - as am I. Namely our GPS unit (Waldo - which was actually his second name), our trowel (Pooey McPoo Trowel I think?? - I didn't say they were sexy, just that they were names), I think our new lantern obtained a name as well, but I can't remember it right now (nor can Brent). I'm getting a kick out of the names - as some of them are actually clever. None that I can remember - which doesn't help me back up my claim in the least - especially because the names I do remember aren't very clever. Although, I think I came up with Waldo for the GPS unit, in honour of the 'Where's Waldo' books I grew up with. :)

Also - I picked up both my knee brace and orthosis this weekend. They came into the home health care store on Wednesday, and let me just say - what a difference!!! I'm so happy that these are finally in my life.

That's it for updates for now. I'm doing great with my purchases - the only other expensive solo purchase is going to be my boots. Which is still a mystery to me. Oh - but I did figure out how I can actually find clothes at MEC that will fit me - youth clothes. This will work for shirts more than pants - but none the less. There is hope! :) (i can't fit into anything at this store!!)

I'm off to read more about extending our OHIP and acquiring IRDs. :o)

No comments: