Sunday, November 16, 2008

There's something about this city...

...that doesn't quite agree with us.

And I blame the city of Invercargill.

Brent is in bed sick today.

Poor thing. Showing signs of nausea and a congested head. No fever, which is good. But he's pretty put out right now.

The last time we were in Invercargill, my original coughing cold turned for the worst and I started my downward spiral to complete nausea, chills and sweats, high fever and the lovely sport of upchucking.

So I've deduced that we were never meant to be here.

We were going to be on the 1pm flight to Stewart Island today, but I postponed it until further notice due to Brent's illness. I think we'll spend another two nights here to make sure he's 100% before we set out for Stewart Island. It's a long hike, and we're going to be carrying the heaviest packs to date - and we need to be feeling our best.

In the meantime, I'll just be sorting through the massive collection of paperwork we have collected along the way and maybe even going in for my lumbar xray. And McClaughwd needs an updated registration, so I might deal with that.

This definitely isn't our favourite city, so its a bummer to be detained here.

On the bright side of things, this city does link us to the wonderful Island down south. :)

No comments: