Saturday, July 26, 2008

36 hours from security

If nothing more, this is my last day of preparation.

My parents arrived from North Bay today. Both of them are now fast asleep in my bedroom. Brent is passed out on my couch, and I sit alone surrounded by the mess that I've created - the final stretch before the big pack and big step.

The gear. Oh my goodness the gear. I've spent the better part of the evening sorting it all out. We have been purchasing, but not so much organizing. We only buy essentials - so one way or another, we have to figure out how to get it all on our backs for the trip. :)

Today was a big day. Hiked (for a very short time) with 32.6lbs (i'm over my weight expectation) - so I was happy about that. Completed all of our banking - complete with travellers cheques, cashola, and a NZ bank draft. Finishing up on all of our trip laundry. My parents have been sorting through things that are going home or to hang out with my brother for the year ahead - making sure we're ready to move things around tomorrow. Brent's been stocking up his iPod. And my mother has been stiching orange ribbon onto our airline totes so we can easily identify them at the luggage pick up area.

I am pretty tired but afraid to sleep. What if things don't get done?? Eep.

My mind is as cluttered as the floor below me. I can't organize my thoughts.

Maybe blogging tonight was a bad idea. Hmmmmm. None the less, my very tired words of the morning. It's 3am.

Time for a nap.

In 36 hours, it all starts.

No comments: