Monday, October 29, 2007

Rejected

From the Passport Office this morning.

You know, I found it funny when I was standing in line with all my completed documents, yet I still felt nervous about being rejected. But there was no good reason for this seemingly irrational thought.

Until I stepped up to the person in charge of verifying my documents. "This person can't sign this form". Huh?, I thought as he pointed to my guarantor's information. "But the rules of the guarantor changed on October 1st, 2007". Verifier: "Yes, but this is the wrong form." Me: "But I picked up this form from Canada Post (which is a government run office, might I remind all those readers out there) two weeks after the new rules were issued." Verifier: "Well, you picked up the wrong one...you need to sign it again."

I didn't enjoy that hiccup this morning.

I went to the woman issuing the tickets to wait in line (there is quite the process at this office), and looked at the three passport applications...adult, child and 'short cut' applications. And opened up an adult one - and sure enough, there is a new form...WHICH WAS NOT AVAILABLE at the Canada Post that I went to.

Don't you think that a new Government form should be replaced at ALL Government offices. Because I have a feeling, I'm not the only one who ran into this problem since the forms have changed.


If I had mailed this application in, I would not have known about this problem for 6 weeks.


Oh my goodness.

Tomorrow, I try again.

No comments: